[Typo3-dev] Classes for input elements input type=submit/reset/checkbox/radio/password

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 21:24:53 CEST 2005

Hello,

On 13/07/05, tapio <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> it would be nice, if <input type=... would have classes in
> /tslib/class.tslib_content.php to get class for checkboxes, submit/reset
> buttons and radio buttons. I added them but they could be as default -
> it is necessary to get proper CSS-control for them

Please no. This could further clog up the source of thousands of
existing Typo3 pages when people who're using the default static
templates 'as is' upgrade the CSC extension.

You've added them to a template once, just save the template and reuse
it. You do know that you could also redefine every aspect of the CSC
static template in your own extension and install it to any new site
you build, right?

Besides, it is NOT necessary to use classes for checkboxes to get at
them with css:

/* For standards-compliant browsers; see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/selector.html#attribute-selectors
for more details: */
input { width:100px; }
input[type="button"] { width:16px; }

/* For IE; search
http://www.google.ca/search?q=ie+%2B+css+expressions
for more details: */
input { width: expression(this.type=="button"? '16px' : '100px'); }

-Christopher