[Typo3-dev] Modify Date Format in TCA

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:25:06 CEST 2005

I've answered this one a couple times in the past, but I can't seem to
turn up the threads in a search so I guess I can't fault you for not
finding it either :)

The date format is driven by javascript at t3lib/jsfunc.evalfield.js.

The first place a change needs to be made is within the evalFunc_input
function, around lines 348 and 351.  The array index for values.value[]
can be swapped around between these two lines so that it expects the
month first and the date second.

The second changes is in evalFunc_output around line 356.  The getMonth
and getDate calls need to be swapped here as well.

I've got a small extension that makes this change, but its a nasty
XCLASS extension.  If you want a copy, give me your username and I'll
add you to the member list.  Also, I believe Kasper is planning to add a
   variable into the next release where this can be specified without a
core patch or extension.

Hope that helps...

jeff