[Typo3-dev] Modify Date Format in TCA

Keith Morrison keith_morrison at dfci.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:40:37 CEST 2005

Hi all,

OK, I've RTFM, scoured google, etc, and I can't find an answer to this
question: how do I change the format of a date field in the backend?
Since I'm in the U.S., my users won't stop complaining about the date
being dd-mm-yy, and I want to change it so that it reads mm-dd-yy.  So,
if they click on the checkbox, it will pop up the current date+1 in the
field in that format; also, the solution would ideally stop screwing up
the Date2Calendar extension--somewhere, some code is restricting the mm
part of dd-mm-yy to go no higher than 12, which is probably some
error-checking javascript to keep months in the correct range.  I'd
appreciate anyone just pointing out the right file(s) to me at this point.

Thanks,
Keith

PS If you are feeling especially generous, you might give me some advice
on how to deal with users who are also complaining about the 24-hour
clock, instead of using AM/PM--anyone have any experience here?