[Typo3-dev] Manipulate JPG with GIFBUILDER?

Sebastian Fastner sebastian at fastner-online.de
Wed Jan 26 14:03:38 CET 2005

Hi,

is it possible to manipulate JPGs with GIFBUILDER?

I made the following TS-Code (I'm using it in an Extension, so I put
this array into the $this->cObj->IMAGE($array) function):

Array
(
    [file] => GIFBUILDER
    [file.] => Array
        (
            [format] => jpeg
            [quality] => 100
            [XY] => [10.w], [10.h]
            [10] => IMAGE
            [10.] => Array
                (
                    [file.] => Array
                        (
                            [height] => 405m
                            [width] => 540m
                        )

                    [file] => fileadmin/samc/transfer/Partypix/050115Freudenhaus/DSC01168.JPG
                    [alttext] => DSC01168.JPG
                )

            [20] => TEXT
            [20.] => Array
                (
                    [text.] => Array
                        (
                            [value] => www.styleandmycity.de
                        )

                    [fontColor] => white
                    [fontFile] => t3lib/fonts/verdana.ttf
                    [niceText] => 1
                    [offset] => 5, 5
                    [fontSize] => 20
                )

        )

)

The problem is that this code make something like JPG->GIF->GIFBUILDER->GIF->JPG.
What I need is a text overlay over the jpeg-image without reducing the colors to 8 bit.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Fastner <sebastian at fastner-online.de>
www.fastner-online.de