[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Application Server

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at mokka.at
Tue Jan 25 14:59:00 CET 2005

Robert Lemke wrote:

> So the solution would be writing a daemon in PHP which is accesible from
> different TYPO3 installations. Don't you think?

This is a thing I completly agree in ...

It should not be necessary to let 5 application servers run on your system
if you have 5 typo3 installations ....

but which T3 installation uses which Application server should be configurable
so it is also possible to LET run more than one applicatoin server ... for instance
if you are at a shared hoster ... you don't want that a t3-module for viewing the
installed application-server modules shows the app server modules of another
user of the shared hoster ....

pherhaps we could make it possible to let the administrator set the IPC Key.
Just applications with the same IPC-Key can communicate ...

I know it's pherhaps a little early for this but ...:
If we really plan to develop a T3 application server then the dev-list would be
spammed by all the stuff about the app server. if the time has come a project
mailing list for this should get created.

greets,
Bernhard
--
Bernhard Kraft