[Typo3-dev] Typo3 Application Server

Michael Scharkow mscharkow at gmx.net
Tue Jan 25 10:30:15 CET 2005

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Well, at least all J2EE implementations are slow and require huge amount of
> resources. Take BEA, IBM or JBoss. In my opinion using Java for server-side
> is a big mistake. I am working with Java server-side solutions for 5 years
> now and feel stronger and stronger that Java is a wrong way.

IMHO, using Java is a big mistake in whatever situation. It only gets
you 3 gigs of libraries, three times the runtime of C and three times
the code length of Python.

> About polling: chat server could send only new lines + changes in the user
> list. It saves a lot of traffic...

The issue with polling is not what the server returns (this can be
solved, as Bernhard did with a small dedicated server) but that the
client is not informed about updates and either polls the server for
nothing, or doesn't update fast enough if something happens on the server.

Greetings,
Michael