[Typo3-dev] Translation of extension

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Thu Jan 20 13:16:03 CET 2005

> - classification of extensions is bullshit ...

Huuhhh. The Stig man has spoken.
Suggest better classification. That's what I say.

> So there is a lot to do with extensions.

You're right and Robert is on the way to overhaul typo3.org. He already did
great work in the planning phase but he needs more time to do all things
right.
Also Robert can't do that all alone so we have to support him. One way can be
to write down bug lists - but what is more important: make suggestions. Make
a concept for what needs to be improved.

> How translation is solved when same extension is used multiple times in
> same language but with a little different wordings are needed for labels
> in each case ?

You're absolutely right. The language system have some default labels. But
there are two problems:
- we need more default labels
- the ext developers don't use them

Example: When you have a title field in your extension, devlopers should use
the default label for that:

'title' => Array (
 'label' => 'LLL:EXT:lang/locallang_general.php:LGL.title',

instead of:
'title' => Array (
 'label' => 'LLL:EXT:myext/locallang_db.php:tx_myext_item.title'

This is not documented I guess.

It would be great if one could collect a list of very often used labels. We
can then extend the default labels and maybe we can integrate support in the
kickstarter to use them.

> These were the words of a fellow chieftranslator.

Yes, sometimes a man have to say what he have to say :-)

greetings
René

--
COLORCUBE