[Typo3-dev] RTE detached from Database

Thomas Hempel thomas at work.de
Wed Jan 19 14:24:58 CET 2005

Hi folks,

I know I asked this questions some days ago, but nobody could help me
that time. Now it became interesting to me again. So I ask one more time.

Is there a way to use the RTE-API (htmlarea, rte whatever) to display
and use the editor without any connection to the database? An
integration where I can decide what is happening with the data. I
doesn't even understood how the integration of the RTE really works. (I
allready read the core-apis ;)  )

It is mainly interesting for linking and inserting images in texts. And
it would be much easier for the users to do that in the common way.

So far, I hope anybody has suggestions or can tell how to do that things
I described above? :)

Greets,
Thomas