[Typo3-dev] TCAdefaults

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at mokka.at
Wed Jan 19 12:42:06 CET 2005

Hallo List !

I'm stuck on a problem here in work ...

I have to update old Extensions for 3.5.0 to work with 3.7.0. While updating
one of those extensions (BE Ext.) I encountered code which inserts records of
a extension-table manually via mysql(...) ... as I need TCAdefaults from User
TSConfig to get respected I changed the insert to to use class.t3lib_tcemain.php
(process_datamap)

But after changing the code I noticed that, when a record gets inserted via the
process_datamap mechanism, no TCAdefault values are respected ... So I tried to
parse the TSConfig manually (just one field from TCAdefault) and add the resulting value to
the $data array for process_datamap.
But after doing this I noticed that process_datamap repsects exclude fields and
doesn't allow me to insert this specific field.

for explanation: I set a field to be an excludeField and didn't allow it in the
user-config ... instead I set a value for this field with TCAdefaults ....

this works fine when inserting/creating records via the list module but not for
the self-coded extension ...

Maybe someone could point me to the right direction how I can create a record while
respecting TCAdefault values from User/Group/Page TSConfig

greets,
Bernhard
--
Bernhard Kraft