[Typo3-dev] Domain redirecting on a Typo3 Page

Martin T. Kutschker Martin.no5pam.Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Tue Jan 18 14:08:56 CET 2005

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

>>Well, this is done for multi-(sub-)domain hosts. I'd rather not have
>>links created with weird looking punycode-URLs. But puncyode can be
>>reversed, so you have the original UTF-8 (or UCS-4) domain name.
>
> But WHEN does TYPO3 create links with the absolute URL of the site???

In menus like the icon on top of the page found at www.boku.ac.at.

Every department has it's own subdmain. A setup which BTW made the
extension p2_menudom necessary. Plus a hack to make TYPO3 set a domain
for the session cookies.

If you have such a setup AND use IDNA domain names, then you have the
inconvenience of ugly links.

Probably a rare case anyway. :-)

Masi