[Typo3-dev] Domain redirecting on a Typo3 Page

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Tue Jan 18 13:59:40 CET 2005

> Well, this is done for multi-(sub-)domain hosts. I'd rather not have
> links created with weird looking punycode-URLs. But puncyode can be
> reversed, so you have the original UTF-8 (or UCS-4) domain name.

But WHEN does TYPO3 create links with the absolute URL of the site??? I
can think of one situation where you click "view page" in the backend to
preview a page - this may add the domain if there are domain records
present. But that does not create absolute URLs in the page itself,
neither is it critical (only inconvenient/disturbing for backend users)

> Looking at the necessary transformations I'd add a configuration option
>    "enableIDNA" that enables the necessary transformation on storage (in
> the BE) and on link creation (in the FE).

Again: WHERE in link creation?

For BE: Ok with me.

- kasper