[Typo3-dev] Domain redirecting on a Typo3 Page

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Tue Jan 18 13:10:02 CET 2005

> I see thre solutions.
>
> * Don't do any check against the domain name
> * Allow for the 100 or so new chars (mind the charset of the BE!)
> * Transform a domain name into an ACE label (punycode) on storage

Lets say that the punycode is entered into the domain name field as the
ASCII equivalent - isn't that enough? If so, then someone could write...
dada - a WIZARD for this purpose so that you can enter the
Human-readable version into a field that automatically translates it to
puny-equivalent.

Apart from that I only see that problems can arise if TYPO3 at any point
fetches the value of either:
	a) the domain-record (obviously you will see the puny-code)
	b) from _SERVER[HTTP_HOST]

I can't come to think of any (typical) examples of this in the most
cases. So are there any (asking those of you having experience running
sites with puny-domains.)

- kasper