[Typo3-dev] introducing the fileConversion service

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Fri Jan 14 14:16:23 CET 2005

> Hi Renö!

Hi Röbbi Flink

> > file conversation:
> >
> > Type (defines destination format): convertTo:html
> > Subtypes (source formats): txt,doc,pdf,csv
>
> I Would suggest to do it the other way around. I think it is more common
> that you already know what kind of file you wish to convert and you want to
> find out what other formats it can be converted to by available services.
> If some application wants to convert a DOC file it simply calls a
> convertFrom:doc service can easily find out what dest formats are available
> for this source format.

I don't agree. What is always fixed is the target format. That's what you
want. You never have a file and say "hey cool, what can I convert it to?"

But maybe we've just different views.

Also convertFrom:xxx will blow up the services table because every supported
format have to be registered.

What now. Playing Ching Chang Chong? :-)

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab