[Typo3-dev] introducing the fileConversion service

Robert Fink robert.fink at gmx.net
Fri Jan 14 12:30:19 CET 2005

Hi Renö!

> file conversation:
>
> Type (defines destination format): convertTo:html
> Subtypes (source formats): txt,doc,pdf,csv

I Would suggest to do it the other way around. I think it is more common that
you already know what kind of file you wish to convert and you want to find
out what other formats it can be converted to by available services. If some
application wants to convert a DOC file it simply calls a convertFrom:doc
service can easily find out what dest formats are available for this source
format.

  Robert.