[Typo3-dev] Integrating a new type of text area

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Fri Jan 14 02:24:50 CET 2005

Hi!

The RTE is a nice thing but has a few drawbacks (problems with (browser)
compatibility, configuration, development) so I'd like to have another type
of text area for simple formatting features.

Often it is enough to have a few possibilities: enumeration with bullets
(and eventually numbers), seperating lines, bold/italics, headers.
My idea is, to have text tranformed by "signal characters" as it is in
wikis, for example in MediaWiki (wikipedia.org).

There you can create an enumeratin by writing:
* Point 1
* Point 2
* Point 3

So how do I integrate this into Typo3? Is it possible to add a new type of
field by an extension? (I don't think so.)

Regards,
André