[Typo3-dev] Security: limit extension available to install

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4dfx.de
Thu Jan 13 16:20:35 CET 2005

Sven Wilhelm wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Well, after that event we hope to have enough reviewed extensions, to
>> make
>> the EM only display those by default. This solves this partly.
>
> As the central point, or I only think it is, is the ability not to break
> your system due dangerous bugs or backdoor code, signed extensions
> should solve the question which extensions should listed on such a white
> list.
>
> Any extension that was signed by the developer and resigned by the
> review team should be trustable.
>
> Greets Sven
Signed or not signed, viewed or CENSORED that's not the point. I would
highly appreciate if an admin - I mean a person who knows what (s)he
does - would be able to set up or define what's on the whilelist and
what's not and which extension will be available on a server to be included.

Regs. Peter.

P.S. What are the parameter to "get on" the whitelist?
OT: Microsoft is approving it's software as bug free ;-)