[Typo3-dev] Versioning Fix

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Thu Jan 13 15:41:55 CET 2005

Since this is ALL about the swapping technique used I might not pay
further attension to it for a while. Developmentwise versioning requires
most efforts in other areas function-wise.

The general principle of how we manage IDs in relation to versioning is
fixed. The method of how to swap them is debatable (as Mathias has done
by providing an alternative mechanism that copies information instead of
changing the id).

Do you know how many people from Århus (town in Denmark) is needed to
change a light bulb? 400! 1 to hold the bulb, 399 to turn the house
around.
This is exactly what Mathias suggestion is: To turn the house while
holding still the lightbulb. That is why I claimed my solution was more
elegant. However, Mathias didn't mean to come out with a stupid
suggestion; he basically chose the clumsy solution because the elegant
one doesn't work.

- kasper