[Typo3-dev] Versioning Fix

Karsten Dambekalns k.dambekalns at fishfarm.de
Thu Jan 13 14:30:27 CET 2005

Hi Kasper.

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:
> discussing this issue now so the best you can do is to summarize the
> problem, attach a patch and submit it to either the bug-tracker or to
> me, then I will look at it later.

Ok. Then I'll get in touch with Mathias and add my view on this to the
tracker item. All in all I fully support his approach as it solves many
(potential) issues with other databases and is overall cleaner when seen
with a focus on database design.

I talked to him yesterday on the phone, and although I haven't looked at the
code he provided yet, it sounded as if there was a working solution at
hand. With a bit of cleanup and some more thought put into it - this might
be good to add to the core *before* versioning get into widespread use.

As you put it - it is not officially supported yet. So make it sound and
stable before it finally is.

Take care,
Karsten