[Typo3-dev] Versioning Fix

Peter Kühn peter at kuehn.com
Wed Jan 12 15:03:02 CET 2005

Hi yall,

at first: thnx so much for the fantastic time spend with you in
kitzbühel!!!

to the versioning prob:
imho it might be necessary to simply differentiate between the
(theoretical) discussion, whether an auto_increment should be able to
become negative or not and the situation outside: there are thousands of
typo-installations runing on mysql < 4.0.18.
actually this was the main reason why mathes and i wrote this patch - we
needed the versioning for a project that is live at one of our customers
and the admin doesnt want to update mysql.

i think that the versioning feature is absolutely great - a huge step
forewards and a handle to make typo even more popular if it would work
out of the box everywhere and this means from my point of view
without(!) the need to change the setup that serves well for typo in
generall.

anyway: the second reason to write the patch was that stucki told me, he
wants this issue to be solved in 3.7.1 so we just wanted to share a
suggestion as RFC.

have a nice day
pekue