[Typo3-dev] XHTML compliance

Andreas Schwarzkopf schwarzkopf at artplan21.de
Tue Jan 11 10:00:06 CET 2005

Kraft Bernhard schrieb:

> or the slashed are just wrong and there would be a kind of
> '.($this->xhtml?'/':'').'>' needed for every slash

Not only the pagegen.php but the whole system is involved in this problem.
If we would start with this issue, we should make the html abstraction
in the whole system, especially very many entries in the
tslib_content.php. It is a very big job but it would help for only some
new sites. IMHO the reason is not that important for this job. In one or
two years nobody will ask for the html 4.0 compliancy.

So, I think the better way is to switch the default doktype to xhtml 1.0
transitional. I am not shure if it should be done in 3.8.0, but at least
in the version after this.

grtx

Andreas

      Andreas Schwarzkopf

      @rtplan[21] webconcepts & solutions

      mailto:schwarzkopf at artplan21.de
      http://www.artplan21.de
      fon: +49 30 - 447 35 228
      fax: +49 30 - 447 35 227

      Dirschauer Str. 14
      D-10245 Berlin

      TYPO3 und andere Content-Management-Systeme:
      http://www.artplan21.info