[Typo3-dev] Extension-Dev: control output via typoscript

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Mon Jan 10 20:03:56 CET 2005

 Hello!

 On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Ingo Schommer wrote the following:
> Inserting the "detailed search" as a content-element was no problem,
> doing the same with lib.mymarker < plugin.tx_myext_pi1 is also fine,
> but how about inserting both at the same time with different output?
>
> my ideas:
> - configuration via typoscript-parameter (obviously not a good idea as
> they are both on the same page and would inherit the parameter, right?)
> - doing another "pi2"-extension, but that would tear apart my code

 why not...

 with
---
lib.mymarker < plugin.tx_myext_pi1
---
 you copy some TypoScript configuration (real copy! no reference).

 and so you can modify lib.mymarker afterwards without distracting any
 other object...

 so you set your default settings for the "detailed search",
 copy that to lib.mymarker and modify lib.mymarker to whatever
 you need for the other view...
 (add some options, overwrite some stuff...)

 If you need such a switch for plugins (where you can't overwrite the
 TypoScript settings) you'll have to define a select list with your
 views and chose that on plugin basis.
 (check out tt_news for example where you can have both a single view
 and a latest view at the same time... by simply selecting the right
 view from a dropdown...)  ;-)

 regards, Wolfgang