[Typo3-dev] (tt_news) image text

Horn Gábor Horn.Gabor at aktiv.co.hu
Mon Jan 3 17:14:52 CET 2005

Hi!

I'd like to ask for your advice please in the following topic: we are
using tt_news to display news, and news have images attached. They're
resized to fit, and the larger version appears when the visitor clicks
on the image. The customer wants different captions for the images in
the "small" size (a short one) and when it appears in full size in the
popup typo3 generates (a longer one).

I had an idea to use the image text field of tt_news news record to
store them both, eg like

short capt || this is the long version of caption

and explode the corresponding field by "||". I think it'd need to modify
tt_news, but also the core (?) so i'm not sure it's the best idea.

Does anybody have an advice please where should i look for a solution
for this?

thx, hirisov