[Typo3-dev] Flash Front-End for Typo3

Richard Bausek lists at artibella.com
Mon Feb 28 18:08:03 CET 2005

Hi Radu,

I was thinking of making something similar, if I only had the time to
(aarrgh ;-) ). But if you start a Typo3 Flash project, I'd love to help out.

If you want to do the data exchange with XML look at the extension "XML
Content Rendering"
(http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/search/xml_contentrendering/).
Its still a proof of concept, but I think it is the way to go.

Using AMFPHP also would be nice, since it is a more OOP approach and the
project is quite active again.

>> Basically I will create a Flash API that will load using XML or flash
>> remoting the content served by Typo3, it should be fully configurable
>> from the BE (using TS)

Will that API just take care of the data exchange between Typo3 and
Flash (get content, handle users, access schemes) or will it also
contain code to display it in Flash? I'd prefer a clean flexible API
which only gets the data into Flash and vice versa.

>>  MainPanel = FLASH_PANEL
>>  MainPanel.align = fill (this will fill all the remaining space)
>>  MainPanel.content{
>>         news = FLASH_COMPONENT
>>         news.class = Typo3_tt_news
>>         news.content < temp.XMLNews
>>         news.content.type = XML
>>         news.width = fill
>>         news.height = fill
>>  }
>>
>> }

Why would you create a "FLASH_PANEL" type? We could also just manage
movieclips with all their properties and frames in Typo3.

MainPanel = MOVIECLIP
MainPanel._x = 100
MainPanel._y = 0
#here we could also apply transition information to the movieclip
MainPanel.startTransition = FLASH_TRANSITION
MainPanel.startTransition._alpha.begin = 0
MainPanel.startTransition._alpha.end = 80
MainPanel.startTransition._alpha.animType = easeInOut
MainPanel.startTransition._alpha.duration = 500 #ms

MainPanel.frames = FLASH_TIMELINE #COA of FLASH_FRAME records
MainPanel.frames{
   1.label = framelabel
   1.framescript = AS Code to be included
   1.content = COA
   1.content.1 = TEXT
   1.content.1.data.field = title
}

MOVIECLIP could be a page type so you could build your Flash structure
in the page tree.

Did you already think of using Ming(http://ming.sourceforge.net/) for
the dynamic generation of .swf files. A possibility would be to have an
Action-Script Editor in Typo3 and then compile the finished AS into a
.swf. That way you could manage your AS classes on the server. Also you
could generate Content .swfs on the fly.

What are your ideas regarding text transformation to Flash, as Flash
only understands HTML 1 and a little CSS. Will you create a Flash RTE
configuration or will you write funtions to strip the code.

So that are some of the ideas which came to my mind.

Good luck on that project and let me know if you need help.

richard