[Typo3-dev] Flash Front-End for Typo3

Radu Cocieru radu.cocieru at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 20:22:53 CET 2005

Hello everybody !

I have to make a fully customisable and configurable Flash Front-End
using any existing CMS or build one.

I've been using Typo3 for my small-medium projects for about an year
so I thought Typo3 could be a good CMS to use for a Flash Front-End.

I have to do it so there is no doubt on will it or will it not be
created. The thing is will it be just a proof of concept or can it be
really useful. I know there are some polemics about full flash sites
(search engines, big files to download, etc.).

I think it can be really useful particularly when it comes to
E-Learning (with all that flash offers streaming Video, Audio etc.) as
Typo3 is a good collaborative Framework.

I have most of ideas on how it should work, I can compile them into
one document so that it would be more clear.

Basically I will create a Flash API that will load using XML or flash
remoting the content served by Typo3, it should be fully configurable
from the BE (using TS)

Example:

flash = PAGE

flash.5 < FLASH_APPLICATION
flash.5{

 libraries = flashAPI.swf, mySkin.swf, myComponents.swf, newsComponents.swf

 TopPanel = FLASH_PANEL
 TopPanel.align = TL (top left)
 TopPanel.width = 100
 TopPanel.height = 200

 TopPanel.content{
        menu = FLASH_COMPONENT
        menu.class = myMenuComponent
        menu.content < temp.level1_XML_Menu
        menu.content.type = XML or AMF
        menu.align = T (Top)
        menu.width = fill
        menu.height = 30

        time = FLASH_COMPONENT
        time.class = myTime
        time.align = R
 }

 MainPanel = FLASH_PANEL
 MainPanel.align = fill (this will fill all the remaining space)
 MainPanel.content{
        news = FLASH_COMPONENT
        news.class = Typo3_tt_news
        news.content < temp.XMLNews
        news.content.type = XML
        news.width = fill
        news.height = fill
 }

}

I will create the flash components to display standard Typo3 content
like TEXT, TEXT with Pictures, HTML, MENU etc. as well as For some
very used extensions like news.

This would be to set up the main view of the "site". After the main
part are loaded the Flash APP will query the Typo3 for content using
XML or AMFPHP (that's to be discussed) Typo3 will also pass to Flash
any TS changes.

This mail is quite long already so I'll stop here.

Please tell me if this is viable or am I dreaming and will it be
useful for the Typo3 community.

Any help will be very appreciated... especially with the BE
configuration and customisation.

Thank you for your time.
Radu Cocieru