[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Andreas Gehrke andreas.gehrke at ndsworld.de
Thu Feb 24 16:59:10 CET 2005

Hi again,

> Here are some thoughts:
> What would it do? Is it an admin interface? A TYPO3
> development tool (e.g. kickstarter+) or just desktop version
> of the backend?
>
> I would suggest the architecture being something like:
>
> [TYPO3]<-->[T3:SOAP API]<-->[TYPO3 desktop]

Wow, sounds like you really didnt got in touch with this idea the first
time!
Great thoughts so far!

But i think andreas otto is right by saying that there more important thinks
on the todo list for typo, even though im not into developing anything
around the typo3 core at all.

The other point is, that there is an offense between speed and platform
independency.
On the one hand there is the native c++ code, which of course is much faster
than any java driven aplication could ever be. On the other hand there ist
the java driven app, which off course lets me see the same app on my windows
laptop and my linux desktop.

And the last think i will point out right now is that im really not sure if
such a project is about to fail because of the complexity it will have.
Espacially when it comes to keep the db updated and consistent i think.
And as ive seen right know on the list, im not the only one who is thinking
about the complexity and the complications that will come along with such a
project ;)

Greetz
Andy