[Typo3-dev] Project proposal: TypoG

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Feb 24 14:56:28 CET 2005

Peter Russ wrote:

> Why not use IBMs Eclipse or SUNs Netbeans Plattform. It for FREE?

Cause Borland C++ builder is handling all the Window Generation and Handling stuff.
I must say I'm no real windows programmer ... it did just the one or other smaller to
medium scale programs with C++ Builder.

The benefit of the Borland tools is that you can design your application in a GUI.
You click on button, place the button somewhere and define what should happen if it
get's clicked, doubleclicked, etc.

Eclipse is just a GUI for easing the task of editing source code files. I don't want
to write all those window thingys.

greets,
Bernhard
--