[Typo3-dev] use IM combine funtion in an extension

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 15:55:14 CET 2005

Zach Davis wrote:
> [...] first, it didn't make sense to create gifs (256
> colors max) for photos in an image gallery. [...]

temp.myimage = IMAGE
temp.myimage {
   format = jpg
}

will resolve the problem with gif's and 256 colors. if you use png
it depends on wheter you use the "reduceColors" option. If you don't use it
and you don't make a direct "-colors 256" in .params of SCALE or
"colors=256" in the .value of an EFFECT gifbuilder object then the colors
in the png won't be changed.

if you want to transfrom your png to 24bit colors you will have to do something
like
10 = SCALE
10 {
   params = -colorspace rgb
}

but I don't know if that will work for png's (i think it is used by ImageMagick just
for JPG's ... but who knows :)

greets,
Bernhard
--