[Typo3-dev] Typo3 alternative to cron (?)

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Tue Feb 22 11:10:55 CET 2005

Suman Debnath wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> We are trying to build an extension where a process will check some
> condition periodically and a mail should be sent out at depending upon
> that. We donot want to use a cron. Does Typo3 (or any of its extensions)
> has any built-in method to help here?

I already thought about writing an application server for Typo3 which would allow
such things and a cron-server was one of the already proposed application for such
a server ...

but as long as php doesn't support threads I think it will be no good idea to start
such a thing as every task has to be a single process and this can be quite memory consuming
(a single php task takes up 5-20 MB of RAM)

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard