[Typo3-dev] Extended class

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Wed Feb 16 13:08:32 CET 2005

Hi Michael.

Michael Stucki wrote:
> What I am thinking of is:
> - Collect all operations which are possible using the stdGraphic class

Good. Who/when/how can we start this? Wiki?

> - Let the user decide if he prefers quality over speed, size, etc. and run
>   the best program for each operation.

Beware of complexity... :) An interesting approach, though.

> No, I think this should be a complete rewrite of that class. And yes it
> will break compatibility for developers but probably not for Typoscript
> templates.

Hm. What about the core parts and existing extensions that use this? We
would have to be careful about those, and try to find out which parts are
affected before doing this.

But about the rewrite: yes, good idea. The current code is based on IM, and
due to the changes in IM over time a lot of stuff has been added here and
there, some methods have non-matching names (i.e. *GIF* when JPEG and PNG
can be used just as well), and more like that.

All in all: I'm in, although I have to keep promises to a minimum right now.

Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns
TYPO3 Association - Active Member