[Typo3-dev] Extended class

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Wed Feb 16 11:41:12 CET 2005

Michael Stucki wrote:

>   - convert images:
>     GIMP: possible=1, speed=6, quality=9, size=7
>     GD:   possible=1, speed=2, quality=5, size=6
>     IM4:  possible=1, speed=9, quality=8, size=8

As far as I can think such a model would be completly
possible using just Hooks.
if ($_procObj)

One Hook for retrieving the speed/quality/size information.
One Hook for initializing the available modules.
A Hook for each specific transformation function ...

And ImageMagick could hook into these Hooks by default for
example.

Pherhaps we will have to modify the Hook-system a little bit.
For example we would not have to make a loop:
foreach($this->TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SC_OPTIONS']['tslib/class.tslib_fe.php']['sendFormmail-PreProcClass']
as $_classRef) {
             $_procObj = &t3lib_div::getUserObj($_classRef);
             $EMAIL_VARS =
$_procObj->sendFormmail_preProcessVariables($EMAIL_VARS,$this);
}

but call a specific _procObj which we retrieved before.
$_procObj = $this->retrieveHookObject($hookObjAr, 'combine', 'speed')
$_procObj->combineExec(...);

I don't think we will need to break the actual API.
Each API call can be left as it is it just need to do the
retrieveHookObject call and then call the required function
from the returned object ...

greets,
Bernhard
--