[Typo3-dev] RFC: Clear temp_CACHED

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Fri Feb 11 11:10:25 CET 2005

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Michael Stucki wrote:
>

>>Yes, this sounds ok to me.
>>
>>"Clear temp_CACHED" => "Clear configuration cache"
>>"Clear all" => "Clear pages cache"
>>
>>OK for everyone?
>

> Aaargh! I hardly tend to turn back to the initial suggestion.
>
> "Clear configuration cache" eats 3 lines (the current text has only 2 lines)
> "Clear pages cache" will obviously break into another line, too.
>
> After playing around with possible candidates, these are my new suggestions:
>
> "Clear cache in typo3conf/" (it's correct, isn't it?!)
> "Clear FE cache" (suggested by Ingo Renner I think)
>
> This is a screenshot of how this will look:
> http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/screenshots/screenshot_cache_labels.jpg
>
> The alternative solution is to simply leave everything untouched.

"configuration-cache"
"page-cache"

really seems clear speaking. :->
I wouldn't think too much about two or three lines.

How about make the "clear" to be "part of the icon"(use the regular
trash-icon or a very slight modified version)? I mean, make the icon so
clear no one needs the textual string "clear" anymore.

Maybe even the top-level-label "admin functions" can be renamed to
"clear-caches" since that's what it is about?

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter Niederlag