[Typo3-dev] Typo3 and DB2

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Thu Feb 10 15:16:34 CET 2005

Suman,

we in this office are postgreSQL lovers.... But there is so much code
the relies on mysql that we desided to run T3 from MySQL but NOT our own
extentions.
We use DBAL for this which makes it transparent (code whise) to do the
DB calls..
My current advice is to run it from MySQL because the extentions just
likes it, unless you would love to debug and change the SQL in the
extentions ofcourse....

Hopefully DBAL will get into core asap and there will be a project going
to make all SQL call's DB 'transparent.

cheers,
RIes

--
R. van Twisk
http://www.metamorf.net

Our Typo3 enabled website: http://www.livetravelguides.com
Instand help for Typo3?    irc:/irc.freenode.net/typo3
Looking for documentation? http://typo3.org/documentation/