[Typo3-dev] indexed_search top-10 feature requests

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Wed Feb 9 16:50:37 CET 2005

Hi Olivier,

(Ben, Sacha and Julle in copy for various reasons).

Old mail... I'm back to indexed_search again for a week or so.

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 14:10, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> Kasper Skrhj wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I'm working on the extension "indexed_search" at the moment. I will
> > therefore offer the list a chance to present their top-10 feature
> > requests for this extension. The deadline is tomorrow afternoon.
>
> Hi Kasper.
>
> Here is my request:
>
> - External Template for the output of indexed search

I have decided that I want to grand someone else to do this. Today I'm
cleaning the pi1-script so that is is clear what is presentation
functions and what is logic. So I'm willing to grand control with the
presentation part to someone else.

Now, my masterplan for templating is to have some sort of templating API
done which can in turn use either a) hardcoded HTML, b) marker-based
templating, c) TemplaVoila based templating, d) smarty / 3rd party
based. This vision is shared with Christian Jul Jensen who probably want
to make this happen! And Ben and Sacha are in copy because you generally
are pushing stuff like accessibility, XHTML, CSS and templating.

So the questions are:
- could "indexed_search" serve as pilot-implementation of a new
template-API?
- could we set up a group working actively on this for TYPO3 ver. 4.0?
(due to come late spring).

> - Search Stats. (we have written a module for that and can send you code)

Data is already collected. There is no module to display the data. I
would like someone else to do that. Your code might be the base for
this, but it depends on quality of it. And I want also to make sure your
analysis tool is supported by others. I will NOT maintain it - I need
someone else to do that.

> - A Possibility to integrate different external Seachengines via a
> service...

I have no plans about this.

- kasper