[Typo3-dev] SimulateStaticDocuments and Google

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue Feb 8 00:07:02 CET 2005

Hi again,

Andreas Schwarzkopf wrote:
> I didn't know it before, strange. Anyway, the links should also not be
> broken optically ;-) IMHO. For me would be ideally, if default split
> char would stay the same but if you could define any other char at
> yourself. May be sometimes I would prefer something like
> http://typo3.org/This!is!a!page.1438.0.html :D

You can have that with my patch. And even something like
http://typo3.org/This-_-is-_-a-_-page.1438.0.html :-)
 From the bug page:

| The patch provided introduces 2 new TS config values:
| config.simulateStaticDocuments_substChar, string,
|  'The character to use for substitution of non alphanumeric
|  characters. Be carefully with this to not mess up generated
|  urls, the char is used unchecked, just as is.
|  Default: _ (underscore)'
| config.simulateStaticDocuments_substConsecutive, boolean,
|  'Wether multiple consecutive occurrences of the substitution
|  character should be reduced to just one. Default: false'

Thus, the default is unchanged ... mostly: I changed the shortening
to simulateStaticDocuments_addTitle no of chars as late as possible,
to account for multiple consecutive occurences, whereas the original
code shortenes early in the process.

regards, Georg
--
  ___   ___