[Typo3-dev] gifbuilder quality, imagecreate()

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Mon Feb 7 22:09:56 CET 2005

typo3 at davidlanier.com schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I've done some searches and found others with this same problem, but no real
> solutions other than writing a completely custom PHP script.
>
> The problem is that GIFBUILDER creates a 256-color JPG, even when it's only been
> given a high-quality JPG to work with.
>
> I'm using 3.7.0
>
> I believe the source of the problem is in the usage of the imagecreate()
> function.  In my version, it's found on line 329 of class.tslib_gifbuilder.php.
>
> After referring to the PHP docs, it appears that imagecreatetruecolor() is
> preferred for preserving image quality.  This may only be an issue for
> installations using GDLib 2.
>
> I tried simply changing imagecreate() to imagecreatetruecolor(), but it then
> requires further adjustments in order to work correctly.  (I got black
> backgrounds, and image quality was still 256 colors).
>
> Is there a fix or patch for this?  Can anyone help?

Can't find an appropriate bug-report.

This definitly is an issue as I know from a collegue.
Hopefully we can put in some more information soon. He did some quick
hack to solve it, which was not to nice but working.

I found
http://bugs.typo3.org/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000285
which might be related.

Since I am not into this: Can some of the folks that ran into that
already put in some information and file a bugreport?

Thx,
Peter

--
Peter Niederlag