[Typo3-dev] sessions an subdomains

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Thu Feb 3 15:10:30 CET 2005

Hi Masi,

we already came across your problem indeed. And we found an existing
solution to our problem, that may help you too.

We have two related web portals that are located on different subdomains
(portal1.domain.tld, portal2.domain.tld). There's a central
subdomain(www.domain.tld) for logins to both portals. We use a slightly
modified version of "dkd_redirect_at_login" (Version 1.0.1 was a little
bit to "simple") to send fe_users to the portal where they are registered.

There's just one single setting in page TSconfig to generate links, that
"transfer" user sessions to another domain within the same TYPO3
installation:

TSFE.jumpUrl_transferSession=1

I must admit that's just a solution for subdomains within the same TYPO3
installation. But IMHO the TYPO3 cookie is of no value outside of the
installation ;-)

Regards
Thorsten

--