[Typo3-dev] sessions an subdomains

Martin T. Kutschker Martin-no5pam-Kutschker at blackbox.n0spam.net
Thu Feb 3 19:22:35 CET 2005

Hi!

I posted this long ago I think, but as a customer just upgraded to 3.7
I've had to make the same old hack again. I had to hack t3lib_userauth
(or on fact the XCLASS version of cc_sv_auth) to set a proper domain
with the cookie.

I'd like to have a SYS[cookieDomain] setting in localconf.php that if
set, will be used to set the cookie correctly. Otherwise you cannot
share sessions across subdomains.

A real life example is the University of Natural Resources and Applied
Life Sciences, Vienna.

On http://www.boku.ac.at/ click the department icons to see what i mean.

I cannot believe that other big organizations have never come accoss
this problem. And AFAIK TYPO3 is heading high these days.

Masi