[Typo3-dev] how to propose an extension of being part of core installation?

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2005 at typo3.com
Wed Feb 2 23:21:28 CET 2005

>  IMHO it would be better to make the online extension repository more
>  comfortable and easier to use instead of including 100 extensions
>  (ext-enstion, external!) into the core package...

I agree here and that is also a major point for system extensions. In
fact, such very useful things like the whole Web > Template module et
al. is NOT system extension although everyone uses them. There are some
criterias which decide this.

Anyway; The GOOD thing about non-system extensions is that if they
become obsolete for some reason it is easy to just recommend a new one
in the future; if it was a system extension there would be an on-going
commitment to maintain it.
 The BAD thing about non-system extensions mostly seems to be the lack
of comfort associated with them - but as Wolfgang said, maybe this year
we will manage to improve the extension infrastructure so much that this
is better both technically but also with reviews, ratings etc.

- kasper