[Typo3-dev] problem with makeInstanceService and cache

Suman Debnath suman at srijan.co.in
Wed Feb 2 09:01:33 CET 2005

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to create a new service extension. To test this extension I have
created another test extension with a FE plug-in. In the plug-in code, I am
checking for the availability of the service. The code looks like:

if (is_object($serviceObj =
t3lib_div::makeInstanceService("passwordCheck")))
{
    echo "<PRE>";
    print_r(get_class_methods($serviceObj));
    echo "</PRE>";
}
else echo "Failed creating object";

The plug-in can be accessed in the FE via a menu link. When I first access
the page the entire contents of the array is shown as it should be. But next
time the page is accessed it shows "Failed creating object". I clear the
cache and the same cycle follows again.

I can disable caching in the test plug-in and/or page. But I don't want the
working of the service to be dependent on the caching/non-caching of Typo3.
Can anybody point me towards the solution?

Thanks in advance,
Suman Debnath