[Typo3-dev] using devLog instead of debug in the core?

René Fritz r.fritz at colorcube.de
Tue Feb 1 11:25:29 CET 2005

> My questions are in as much rethorical as they should've started a
> discussion of good places to add devLogs in the core.

I agree that more devLog calls could be included in several places.

But I strongly sugest to use a common one-line format. Like

if ($this->writeDevLog) ...

Then it will be easy to write a script that removes all devLog calls from the
source if one want a optimized source version.

Maybe we should write an article to be published on t3.org. Volunteers? :-)

> > You can use the CCDevlog extension - if you like - to show the log. I

> A great extension! (Though I noticed that the sorting of the log entries
> seems to be dependend of the current option). And I suggest to add the

That's true. The "latest xx entries" have a revert sorting because of the SQL
query. I have to fix that.

> pid of the process (or some other unique id) so one can distinguish
> different runs more easily.

every logrun generates a unique id. Btw: clicking on an uid entry limit the
view to that related logrun - I hope that version is already online :)

Anyway the module could be enhanced in many ways. We'll see...

René

--
COLORCUBE
digital media lab