[Typo3-dev] idea: "collapsing modules"

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Tue Feb 1 09:00:40 CET 2005

Georg Rehfeld wrote:
> Following that article and it's references I even start to drop
> support in the frontend for older browsers ... IE 5.5 is definitely
> on my list to be dropped next for it's CSS box model quirks, requiring
> most ugly CSS hacks all over the place.

This has to be a personal decision.
There are people who are forced to use older browsers.
If you want to stay compatible with them - fix your sites.
I do agree that IE5 and NS4 etc. are totally out of date...
but take BMW for example. They changed from NS4 to IE5 two years ago -
*thumbs up*

So dropping BE support is fine with me, dropping FE support (by
hardcoding doctypes for example) isn't.
Remember there are a lot of IE 3.02 running on the world (hello PDA).