[Typo3-dev] idea: "collapsing modules"

Georg Rehfeld georg.rehfeld at gmx.de
Tue Feb 1 03:39:46 CET 2005

Dear all,

Kasper Skårhøj wrote:

>>>What's wrong with IE 5.5?  ...
>
> I'm not in support of invoking old DHTML code. ...
> ... new DHTML ...
> Works on all "modern" browsers, including on
> linux - and in the backend we can fairly make requirements to browsers.
> So we do.
>
> But we should maybe detect MSIE 5.5 and simply exclude such users from
> using the backend...

I second this, at least in the backend outdated browsers should
_explicitely_ be kicked! Please compare this almost 5 years old (!!!)
article "To Hell With Bad Browsers" on www.alistapart.com:

   http://www.alistapart.com/articles/tohell/

(and I mean _not_ to offend anybody by using the word hell, I didn't
choose it ... but I'm not too offended).

Following that article and it's references I even start to drop
support in the frontend for older browsers ... IE 5.5 is definitely
on my list to be dropped next for it's CSS box model quirks, requiring
most ugly CSS hacks all over the place.

regards
Georg
--