[TYPO3-dev] Re: [Typo3-dev] [Good||Silly] idea ???

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Dec 29 17:39:10 CET 2005

Hello Bernhard,

> But if those two extensions modify completly different functions from
> the base class they could
> exist together...
>
> The only workaround at the moment is that one extension knows about the
> other one and extends the
> extension-class instead of the core class.

I do not think this is a good solution, because you are extending a
random class you have not ever seen before. So you will not know which
side effects may occur and if other authors will create extensions with
the same XCLASS again using maybe the same functions.

I consider it a safer way that this works like it is now. A hook can be
created instead of this or the base class should be extended with
additional parameters in the functions.
This forces people to bring their new features into the existing functions.

Franz