[TYPO3-dev] edit mm tables in backend forms with TCA

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Dec 29 17:24:16 CET 2005

Hello developers,

I am looking for a solution how I could use the backend TCE form engine
to edit mm tables which should be configured with TCA like normal
tables. This is because some attributes are needed for the mm tables and
cannot be used with the normal tables.

So I need to write a hook for SC_alt_doc::getRecordForEdit
/**
* Get record for editing.
*
* @param	string		Table name
* @param	integer		Record UID
* @return	array		Returns record to edit, false if none
*/
function getRecordForEdit($table,$theUid)	{
	global $TCA;

		// Fetch requested record:
	$reqRecord = t3lib_BEfunc::getRecord($table,$theUid,'uid,pid');

Here only tables with uid and pid fields can be used. The mm tables
however have something like

uid_local int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
uid_foreign int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,

$theUid can be used to find all fitting uid_locals here. There is no pid
with mm tables.

Do you have any suggestions how this should be implemented?

Regards,

Franz