[TYPO3-dev] [Typo3-dev] Patch to make the EM work with suphp

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Fri Dec 23 14:22:13 CET 2005

Michael,

On 12/23/05, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> wrote:

> >> 0022
> >> Until now I was convinced that this umask is used as the default in the
> >> *nix world.
> > And you are actually right, I got this stuff mixed up.
> Aaah *feeling proud now* ;-)

Good, good, I knew you would! For pride is one of deadly sins which
means we'll have a warm beer together in HELL!!! ;)

> So what now? Is there any other reason for not changing it? IMHO I see no
> problems with the change.
[...]
> What do you think?
> 3... 2... 1... vote!

How about we don't tinker with umask AT ALL, and just use the one
Apache process runs with? This way, if they have suphp or whatnot it
becomes their responsibility to adjust the _Apache_ configuration
accordingly. Wouldn't it have solved the original problem with suphp?

--
Dimitri Tarassenko