[TYPO3-dev] [Typo3-dev] Patch to make the EM work with suphp

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Dec 23 09:19:07 CET 2005

Hi Dimitri,

>> Really? But why are my files set to 644 by default?
>> mstucki at nb02:~$ umask
>> 0022
>>
>> Until now I was convinced that this umask is used as the default in the
>> *nix world.
>
> And you are actually right, I got this stuff mixed up.

Aaah *feeling proud now* ;-)

So what now? Is there any other reason for not changing it? IMHO I see no
problems with the change.

I mean, the change would only affect those people who
- run the webserver with group permission of a custom group
- or who have added themselves to the group of the webserver

Both are not recommended ways, so I think we don't have to care about them.

Other than that it may also happen that someone has adjusted the createGroup
setting (me, too) but I think then it is still no problem to adjust the
fileCreateMask.

BTW and only for those nitpickers like me: actually I think it's not a mask
but a default. The mask would have to be "0022" like in my example above...

What do you think?
3... 2... 1... vote!

- michael
--