[TYPO3-dev] [Typo3-dev] RFC: new condition ORIG_TYPO3_VERSION - call for volunteers

Johannes Reichardt mailbox at gramba.net
Fri Dec 23 12:36:32 CET 2005

Hi Kasper,

>>2) Providing "best-practice" or a golden path through TYPO3 for newbees is
>>something I have instinctively avoided - simply because I was too afraid of
>>pronoucing this or that way as THEE way (no, I don't mean Jesus this
>>time ;-)) because how would I know?

Since nobody answered yet (guess its too general to answer something ;)
- i wanted to say another thing on this. Based on pure expirience :) -
YOU might not be able to know whats good and whats bad for others -
thats completly true. But since man needs boundaries and education its
ok to establish a system for the masses. In real life we have schools,
universitys and other educational or maybe social "best-practice"
guidelines that help most people to get the things done that are
important in life. That does not necesseraly mean they HAVE to go this
way to be successful but its the safe and known way we don´t have to
think about too much in general - especially you might know its
sometimes good to go another way and do things a whole different way -
but the guidelines won´t really keep you back then anyways.

I just wanted to point this out since you are complaining so often that
you cant lead people in terms of "how to do things" - i see no
philosophical or ethical problem here.

- Johannes