[Typo3-dev] RFC: new condition ORIG_TYPO3_VERSION - call for volunteers

"Bodo Eichstädt [wmdb]" bodo.eichstaedt at wmdb.de
Wed Dec 21 15:42:19 CET 2005

ben van 't ende [netcreators] schrieb:
> Sacha Vorbeck wrote:
>
>> Hello Ben,
>>

>>> This provides a very clean interface for lets say authors. I volunteer
>>> for the usability/ease-of-use group ;-)
>>>
>> http://www.openusability.org/projects/typo3/
>>

> Hi Sacha,
>
> Who are all these people I don't know, except you?
>
> gRTz
>
> ben

Hi Ben,

I started this after some talks to Kasper an Daniel. A business
associate (relevantive.de a company mainly offering usability consulting
for TV,..) started this openusability.org as a Open Source Project. The
founder knew some 2-3 experts and brought us together. Others (as
Sascha) joined later.
Actually you have to add the people from
http://www.openusability.org/projects/cms-uig/ too.

Here in Berlin/Germany we have a regular's table every 2nd wednesday
discussing/scribbling all kind of usability aspects, methods and so on.
One of the projects receiving a feedback to the dev-team which resulted
in noticeable improvements is KPDF.

The reason the group is not composed of hardcore developers is simple.
Coder and reviewer should not be identically. Some of them are for
example active devs in Zope, Drupal etc.

So we are collecting and documenting tweaks some of the also known as
gremlins too. As a developer I can give derections so they will not
invent TYPO3 from the ground up.

see you in Fiesch,
Bodo

--
wmdb Systems GmbH & Co KG

Berlin:                       Düsseldorf (Zentrale):
Albert-Einstein-Str. 14       Birkenstr. 65
D-12489 Berlin                D-40233 Düsseldorf

t: +49 (0)700-024 788 28      t: +49 (0)211-698 798 3
f: +49 (0)700-024 788 28      f: +49 (0)211-698 801 3