[Typo3-dev] Reference image instead of copying

Steven Bagshaw steven.bagshaw at unv.org
Wed Dec 21 11:36:04 CET 2005

The suggestion to use the DAM is a good one. The DAM extension has an
optional setting to use references - I've turned it on and it's worked very
nicely.

You can then use the extension dam_ttcontent to use references in standard
Typo3 extensions.

Myself, I mainly use the references for my own extension. In my tca.php I
have a single line like this

'tx_dam_images' => txdam_getMediaTCA('image_field', 'tx_dam_images'),

And now I have an image field using references. And for the one below I can
select all sorts of media, not just images.

'tx_dam_associatedmedia' => txdam_getMediaTCA('media_field',
'tx_dam_associatedmedia'),

And yes all this pops up in the usual window. I think some of this
functionality is listed as experimental, but I've had no problems so far,
even using it in production.

Steven

news:mailman.1.1135155391.31484.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...

http://typo3.org/development/projects/digital-asset-management/