[Typo3-dev] Patch to make the EM work with suphp

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Tue Dec 20 21:15:52 CET 2005

Michael,

On 12/20/05, Michael Stucki <michael at typo3.org> wrote:

> The point is that unless you know which group you give write access (applies
> to most of all cases), the setting should be disabled.
>
> Please give me a good reason to not change it besides that you seem to be
> too lazy to set it manually :-)

How about that MOST *nix processes create files with 664/775 by
default and this is the filemode a sysadmin would typically expect to
be there?

What if we only change it for suphp-based installations (I think there
is a way to dynamically determine this in config_default.php) and
leave everything as it was?

I would guess there are a lot more people who have TYPO3 directories
shared over SMB using group write permissions than those who suffer
under the tyranny of suphp ;))

--
Dimitri Tarassenko